IEEE Brain featured items: View the IEEE Neuroethics Framework and Read the Technology Roadmap White Paper.IEEE Neuroethics Framework info page or the “Future of Neural Therapeutics” technology roadmap white paper info page.
- Submission deadline extended Jan 2: Special BMI Issue in IEEE Systems Journal
- Call for Participation: IEEE Brain Data Bank Challenge, L.A, California
- Proceedings of the IEEE, Molecular Communications & Networking Issue: Two articles specifically explore the future directions for molecular communications in the domain of brain-machine interfaces.
- New Q&A with Dr. Hank Greely: Addressing ethical, legal and social implications of brain research
- New IEEE Brain Podcast: Q&A with JoJo Platt, President of Platt and Associates, Inc.
- On-Demand Webinar Recordings available: Past presentations from SMEs
- Stay Tuned: More to come from Neurotechnologies for BMI Industry Connections
- 26 November 2019 • Virtual Conference
IEEE Brain Initiative Bioelectronics Virtual Conference
- 9-12 December 2019 • Los Angeles, CA, USA
IEEE Brain Data Bank Challenge at IEEE Big Data 2019
- 10 December 2019 • Rockville, Maryland, USA
Chemogenetic Innovations in the Manipulation & Monitoring of Labeled Neurons Workshop
- 13-15 December 2019 • Phoenix, AZ, USA
Neurotech Entrepreneurs Workshop
- 1-3 June 2020 • Arlington, Virginia, USA
The 6th Annual BRAIN Initiative® Investigators Meeting
- 24-28 October 2020 • Washington, D.C., USA
The Data-Sharing Problem in Neuroscience
04 October 2019
When it comes to data sharing, neuroscience lags behind many other fields. But a growing number of large-scale projects are inspiring new efforts to develop workable tools.
Researchers reconstruct spoken words as processed in nonhuman primate brains
12 December 2019
Using a brain-computer interface, a team of researchers has reconstructed English words from the brain activity of rhesus macaques that listened as the words were spoken.
Find out about funding opportunities related to the BRAIN Initiative offered by funding sources such as NIH, NSF, DARPA, and others.
About the IEEE Brain Initiative
For more information or to get involved with this initiative, please send an email to email@example.com.