After our successful meeting in December 2015 at Columbia University, the IEEE Brain Initiative will hold its second meeting in October 2016 in Budapest. This second IEEE Brain Initiative Annual Meeting will take place during the IEEE SMC BMI Workshop, and is tentatively scheduled for October 11.
We want to highlight several award opportunities that might be of interest to you.
IEEE Brain Initiative Best Paper Award at SMC2016 BMI Workshop
The IEEE Brain Initiative will be presenting a $2500.00 Best Paper Award for the Best Paper at the IEEE SMC2016 BMI Workshop in Budapest. The Best Paper will be selected based on multiple factors: originality, clarity, quality, and technical merit. The winner will be announced at the SMC2016 BMI Workshop. Visit the Workshop page for submission deadline of full-length papers.
IEEE Brain Initiative Student Travel Grant Application Form to Attend and Present Paper at SMC2016 BMI Workshop
IEEE Brain Initiative will also be awarding five (5) $1000 student travel grants for students to present their accepted papers at the SMC2016 BMI Workshop in Budapest. These awards will be given based on the technical merit of the paper and a review of the grant application form (e.g., financial need). Successful grant recipients will receive their grant after registering and presenting her/his paper at the SMC2016 BMI Workshop.
The application for the student travel grant is due August 31, 2016.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be an IEEE Student Member
Click here to see how to join as IEEE student member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Student Grant Application Form (.docx)
- A letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC2016 BMI Workshop
- Copy of IEEE Membership Card (scanned or downloaded in PDF format from www.ieee.org)
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format. All documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.